Friday, January 29, 2016

Cats are cuter in Egypt-themed rooms

Happy weekend, everyone!

My weekend was unintentionally extended due to some sickness that I am still trying to kick. I do have a man-voice though, which is at least entertaining. I had a mural scheduled for today, whichhas taken a lot of coordination to find a date that would work for everyone involved, so I decided to go ahead and do it, sicky or not. 

I was contacted by an animal hospital, which sponsors one room inside the cat area of the Oregon Humane Society. The rooms all have different themes, and the cats sit in them, waiting for new adoptive parents to come love on them. The room I was asked to work on, needed some of the cat perches moved, built, and a couple small stools built as well.  It already had an Egypt theme (I was not involved in painting the original mural.) After the construction people were there this morning, I came along and touched up the paint after them. I painted the stools to match the pyramid bricks, and fixed some areas here and there on the mural. Pretty quick and easy job.... a good one for doing while sniffly.

Best perk was walking around and looking at all the kitterzzz afterwards! So much cute. My favorit was a little lover named Fluffy, who you will see if you scrolly scroll down this post. It was fun watching all the couples, singles, and families with kiddos wandering around, trying to find the kitter they most connected with. As I was loading up my car after the job, I saw a lady walking to her car with her nose in the cat carrier she was holding, saying, "I think I love you!" to her new furry friend/child. Soooooo sweeeet. 

Bye for MEOW! ;)

Corie

portland mural, pdx mural, portland mural artist, humane society murals, cat mural, cattery mural, portland artist, portland oregon, oregon humane society

portland mural, pdx mural, portland mural artist, humane society murals, cat mural, cattery mural, portland artist, portland oregon, oregon humane society

portland mural, pdx mural, portland mural artist, humane society murals, cat mural, cattery mural, portland artist, portland oregon, oregon humane society

No comments:

Post a Comment