Friday, February 7, 2014

Glass and Paint Collaboration

 Hi All,

Well, today is one giant SNOWPOCALYPSE where I live in Portland, Oregon. Here, that means anything over 1/2 an inch of snow... we aren't used to this! We have about 4 inches on the ground right now, with more to come supposedly. Actually, it JUST started snowing again as I'm typing this! My work is closed today, and I can't make it over to where I'm painting the mural because there's a couple of giant hills in between me and their house. (Which my '86 Oldsmobile does not appreciate in the snow and ice!).  So, I am officially snowed-in... #cabinfever. I have to say though, even though I have things I need to be going out and doing, it is a nice excuse to slow down for a couple days, and catch up on life. After a cold walk around the neighborhood this morning, I'll be spending the rest of the day in my sweats, making valentines and watching Netflix. :) Enjoy the break, all you other Oregonians!

In other news, my cousin Terry sent me this in the mail! If you didn't get a chance to read the initial post on this project, see it here. Terry makes awesome glass and ceramic art, and I paint. So he's been making these glass pieces that have images imprinted on them, and he asked if I would paint him some things to put on his glass! We started with a lion :) I painted the background and the lion separately. I'm not sure if you can totally tell from the pictures, but the background is actually on the bottom layer of the glass, and the lion is on top. So there's a nice depth to this... you can kinda see the shadow along the right edge of the lion. I think it looks so cool! A really neat way to incorporate both our art forms. You can check out this piece and more of Terry's art here.

Happy snow day, if you are experiencing one, wherever you are!

glass art, image transfer onto glass, lion glass art, lion painting
glass art, image transfer onto glass, lion glass art, lion paintingglass art, image transfer onto glass, lion glass art, lion painting


No comments:

Post a Comment