Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mural Concept Sketches

Hi All, 

As promised, here are the sketches for my current mural project! This will be in a nursery for a baby boy. Hopefully the kid will still want it around once he gets older :) I'm suuuuper excited for this one. The subject matter is right up my alley - organic, colorful, atmospheric perspective, and overall....whimsical :) That's my favorite part - my clients wanted this forest to look like it was magical and special - someplace their son will be able to form stories about and help him to exercise his imagination. AND they want it more stylized and less hyper-realistic. This is SO ME. Can't wait to show you guys the progress... painting starts this week!

They chose the last sketch option shown here - the one with the stream added to the sunny forest. The only thing my clients wanted to add, was another animal in the bottom left. So it will have a cute fox peeking out of the grass. :) Excited!

Forest mural Portland, portland muralist, trees mural, kids room forest mural

Forest mural Portland, portland muralist, trees mural, kids room forest mural

Forest mural Portland, portland muralist, trees mural, kids room forest mural

1 comment:

  1. I really love that first image with the deer. I am an interior designer working on a car dealership. My client loves the top image and we were wondering if it could be used in the kids area in the dealership. We are doing printed wall coverings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete