Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Faux Kickstarter Campaign: Let's Do This!!

So awhile back, a talented journalism student from the University of Oregon used me as a subject for an assignment to write about art education. That article is here:

http://blogs.uoregon.edu/shagyg1w13/turning-points/

A month or so later, she contacted me again for another class project.  This time, she and a couple other students were assigned to create a kickstarter campaign for one of their previous interviewees. They asked me if I was interested, and had any projects brewing that I might want to get funded.  Um, duh!  They created an entire website for the project I proposed, and filmed and edited a video that could be uploaded to kickstarter, whenever I'm ready. Their assignment was only to do a mock, hypothetical project, but said that I can make it "real" when and if I chose.  (Kickstarter is a website that helps people fund their small (or not so small) projects.)  Here's the link to the site:


If you know what I've been excited about lately, you can probably guess what my project proposal was about.  It's to get funding for 10 more murals for Madagascar, done by elementary students here in Oregon.  The pilot project went awesome, so 10 more would be a dream!  I'm heading back to Madagascar soon, and will network with folks while I'm there to start getting the go-ahead for this. Once I'm all set up on that end, I plan on posting their video and content as a Kickstarter campaign to get the funding.  Then, fingers crossed, more health-related murals for Madagascar!!!!!! Yahooo!!!!! Big shout out to these girls who made all this for me. You guys are awesome!!

(**disclaimer: the only mistake I found in the website says that there are no art teachers in K-12 schools in 4j. I know there are still some, and some great ones at that!)

Feeling grateful and super excited for future projects. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment